Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dear Wharton, Please Please Please May I Have Some Financial Aid?

I finally faxed my resume and fellowship essay to the Financial Aid Office. I don't know why, but I had so much writer's block for the essay. Once I got going I pounded it out within a day, edited the next day, and then sent it off. I wish I had gotten the inspiration to do that months ago! Hopefully it's not too late to get some money (if they deem me worthy). It shouldn't be since R2 isn't finished yet. But less than half of the class gets something so I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

In case anyone did not attend Wharton Winter Welcome and is wondering, the amount for the financial need grant is less than the range of amounts for fellowships. So if you feel like you have true financial need, you might still want to make a case for merit in your essay. I believe they consider you for fellowships first, and then grants if you don't get a fellowship. You can't get both.

Also, you can use estimates for the 2007 financial numbers required in the Need Access form if you haven't done your taxes yet. If the numbers change I think you just need to tell the financial aid office. It's better to get the forms in rather than wait until you are absolutely sure about the numbers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tinydancer
First of all congrats, for the admits.
You left a comment on Happybunny's blog, saying that you would like to help out 2K9-11 applicants, by reading their essays & offering your inputs. Although I don't have even a 1st draft ready, I would like you to read them, once they are done.
I would love to hear from you and it would be great if I could get some advice from you.
You can a drop a mail to- applicant@mintemail.com

Thanks & Godspeed
Applicant

(applicant@mintemail.com)