Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Planning Ahead Becoming Murky

I remember when I was a consultant, if friends wanted to plan a trip or get-together and it was beyond the roll-off date of my project, I had to completely bow out of the process since I had no idea where I was going to be physically and if the workload of the project would allow for a social life.
It feels a little like that now. I went to the dentist this morning (one of my least favorite activities to begin with, plus I found out I have two cavities ... but I digress). I'm due for my next cleaning in August. Usually I just schedule the next appointment on my way out the door, but this time I was stumped. In August I'll be smack in the middle of pre-term. I have no idea if I'm going to be busy non-stop during the normal hours of most businesses and health care professionals, or if perhaps I'll have an odd afternoon free. Plus, I'll be selling my car, so I have to figure out if I'll have enough time to take the train out there or if I'll need to do Philly Car Share. Maybe I should get a new dentist in the city to avoid the hassle? It's not really a big deal, but I guess my point is I haven't felt this kind of uncertainty about my availability in a long time. Thankfully it is for a good reason!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.... the ordeals of the rich
:-)

tinydancer said...

Hey, I'm not complaining! Just observing :)