Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finals

I just don't have the motivation I used to have for taking finals. I feel similar to maybemba, who said exams feel juvenile at this age. I definitely feel too old to be doing this. I am trying not to stress too much. I reached a high level of stress last week when I finally reached the end of my resume drops, only to realize that it was 7pm and I had an Accounting final at noon the next day (and had not studied at all yet). From that point I realized that stressing is not going to help me. Truthfully, grades mean little to me now with grade non-disclosure. I came here to learn and proving I've done so on an exam is just not important to me. So I'm just trying to do enough to pass. Or at least, I'm trying to get myself to treat studying that way, but I invariably stay up too late or start to get upset at points when I realize how much work I have to do ...
The nice thing is all my hard finals (accounting, linear programming) were last week. The remaining ones are open book or take home, so I just need to make sure I understand the concepts and get organized enough to be able to find stuff in my notes during the exam. My biggest obstacle is just getting myself to sit down and do it! I want to watch football and drink hot chocolate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To start with the foremost line of my commentaryary – I do resembling to honor a monster as a results of the periodical tribute. If reality be notified it's a wise work by him that auto title loans in newport news I discovered out laurels dependable facilitate by his/her pretty detail and figures. I effortlessly crave to declared, nice pleasure comprise it up your work. generally I’ll converse concerning at the aspect of your posting and alter. endeavouring ahead to your a allotment of posts.